No.See all FAQs
Apply to ncsh
Thank you for your interest in Neighborhood Charter School: Harlem. We are accepting applications for Kindergarten through 7th grade for the 2018-2019 school year. The deadline to apply is April 2, 2018 and the lottery will be held on April 11, 2018.
NCSH is one school in two locations.
NCSH Northwest (Kindergarten-3rd Grade)
421 West 145th Street
New York, NY 10031
NCSH Central Harlem (Grades 4-7)
132 West 124th Street
New York, NY 10027
Applying online is the easiest and fastest way to apply to NCSH. Online applications receive an email confirmation once an application is submitted. If you do not receive an email confirmation, please verify that you submitted the correct email address and follow up with the school directly at email@example.com. You may also download a paper application here.
Applicants who apply by the April 2 deadline will receive lottery results by mid-April. Applicants who apply after the April 2 deadline will automatically be placed on the waitlist. If your child is not accepted through the lottery and is placed on the waitlist, you will be notified via phone and email if a spot becomes available. You will have 48 hours to accept the seat in writing. Many children are accepted from the waitlist each year.
Lottery preferences are provided for:
- Siblings of current NCSH students
- Siblings of students applying to NCSH
- Children of current NCSH staff
- Community School District (CSD)
- Kindergarten-3rd Grade: Applicants residing in CSD 6
- Grades 4-7: Applicants residing in CSD 5
- Scholars applying to the ASD program
To verify your CSD, please visit the Department of City Planning website.
ASD Application Process
We have a specialized program for higher functioning children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD). If you are interested in our ASD program and would like more information, please contact our Director of Special Education, Lindsey Mattingly, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application process is outlined below.
- Submit an application. Please be sure to check the box that you are applying to the ASD program.
- Complete a questionnaire and an informal interview. Once your application is received, you will be invited to the school to complete a questionnaire. This questionnaire allows us to learn more about your child and their needs. Please bring the most current IEP or any other evaluations to the meeting.
- Complete an evaluation. The final evaluation is completed by an independent organization, YAI. The evaluation may consist of review of the IEP and clinical document review and additional testing, if needed. YAI will notify the school if the child qualifies for the ASD program. A child also qualifies for the program if they are accepted into the Department of Education's ASD Nest program.
Visiting NCS: Harlem offers you the opportunity to experience our culture, meet faculty, ask questions, and experience what makes the School unique. A school tour is available to prospective families. To register for a tour, please click here to complete the registration form or contact the main office at 646-701-7117. We look forward to meeting you!